Maintain your dog healthy as well as in shape with this very easy peasy homemade dish– it’s more affordable than store-bought and also chockfull of fresh veggies! I never thought I would be just one of those dog owners who made homemade human food for their pups. Not in a million years.
Currently the very best part about making homemade canine food– similar to making anything in your home– is that you know exactly what is entering into the pet bowl, and not any of that suspicious gelatinous substance from the canned food.
However it is very important to note that dogs have various nutrient needs than humans for their proportional body size, such as:
- Premium protein (meat, seafood, dairy products or eggs)
- Fat (meat or oil)
- Carbohydrates (grains or veggies)
- Calcium (dairy products)
- Essential fats (egg yolks or oatmeal)
Now this dish right here has a balance of 50% healthy protein, 25% veggies as well as 25% grains, yet the proportions can quickly be adapted to fit your dog’s type and/or demands.
When you’ve made your batch, you can split them up into separate portions, keep in mind the date, and also freeze it. When prepared to serve, you can thaw it in the refrigerator overnight as well as nuke it for 15-30 seconds. That’s it! Now who recognized that making pet dog food would certainly be this very easy?
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 extra pounds ground turkey
- 3 cups child spinach, cut
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup peas, canned or frozen.
- In a big pan of 3 cups water, chef rice according to package instructions; reserved
- Heat olive oil in a big stockpot or Dutch stove over medium heat. Include ground turkey as well as chef till browned, about 3-5 mins, ensuring to crumble the turkey as it cooks
- Stir in spinach, carrots, zucchini, peas and also brown rice until the spinach has actually wilted and the mix is heated up with, regarding 3-5 mins
- Let cool completely
Check out our Wuff Balls. These dog balls are so much fun your dog will have an absolute ball with them!
PLEASE SPEAK WITH YOUR PET DOG’S VETERINARIAN AND USE PERSONAL JUDGMENT WHEN USING THIS INFORMATION TO YOUR OWN PET DOG’S DIET REGIMEN.